Simulator Rentals and Rates
Rental rates shown as of March 28, 2017 are for member use. Non-member rates are higher, call for quote.
Hobbs Hour is the time between engine start and shutdown
|Image||Identity||Features||Advanced Plan||Intermediate Plan||Basic Plan|
2010 Redbird FMX-1000
|G1000, G530, G430||$59 / Hobbs Hour||$64 / Hobbs Hour||$69 / Hobbs Hour|
Redbird FMX Details
Whether you're in primary training (VFR) or adding an instrument rating (IFR), our simulator offers these benefits:
- Much more affordable than renting real aircraft with similar equipment.
- If you're new to flying, familiarization with flight controls and instruments can be accomplished faster.
- Pause a flight, ask questions, then resume flying or retry things quickly.
- Try takeoff and landing on every flight. In a real plane, you wouldn't be allowed until mastering certain skills.
- Practice multiple skills in the same flight.
- For instrument training, you don't have to wait for bad weather.
- You don't lose time flying to a practice area before initiating manoeuvers or instrument approaches.
- Practice the unexpected safely, like engine failure on takeoff or inadvertent flight into bad weather.
- Instructor can simulate failure of specific instruments.
- No time wasted on pre-flight, getting dirty checking oil, etc.
- Do all this from the comfort and convenience of our climate-controlled office.
- Bathroom break when you need it, not when you can land.
- FAA approved to log time for private, instrument, commercial, ATP certificates.
- See FAA approval details (PDF)
- Videos of the simulator's capabilities can be seen on YouTube by clicking here and here.
Analog Gauges and Garmin 530/430 Simulation
Garmin G1000 PFD / MFD Simulation